Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 51

(Week 21 Bari)

While in the mission I've heard many missionaries tell me to watch in the Restoration when we are about to teach or while we are teaching The First Vision. They had told me that Satan ALWAYS will make a phone ring, a dog will bark, a window will slam shut or something else to drive away the Spirit. Well, I can testify that is true! 

Sorella Torres and I have been going crazy teaching to Restoration to all people, members and investigators. In fact, Satan always does something when that special moment comes in the lesson. 
Example: we were finally able to see our dear investigators Lidia and Gianni, after months! It's been hard to see them and we were so ready to bring the spirit with the Restoration. The lesson was incredible. At the start they were talking about all sorts of things, but as soon as we opened our mouths and started teaching the Spirit was literally tangible. 
The lesson was going so well and it came time to recite The First Vision. THE PHONE RANG!!!! Haha Sorella Torres and I just looked at eachother and mouthed "Satana". Luckily the Spirit came back and we had a beautiful lesson. I've just really had my testimony strengthened of this experience of Joseph Smith. That one event really changed everything and this is the "good news" we share with everyone! Satan knows it and does everything in his power to stop the conversion from happening.
I bear testimony that Jospeh Smith spoke the truth and really did see our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The church is restored!!! 
Investigators are doing well, our investigator Gabriella finally came to church Sunday! I've been teaching her off and on since I got here and this was her first time! She LOVED it! She stayed all three hours and at the end before we could ask her what she thought she just tells us she will be back next week! 
We picked up an awesome new girl named Cristina this week from English Course. She is 21 and super super spiritual. She has had a really hard life and we are really excited to get these lessons going with her. Overall, it was a very good week here in Bari. 
My "greenie" is so great that I feel like I am in a normal companionship a lot of days. I definitely have a testimony that God knows us and shapes us into the people He wants us to become. I can see many changes in myself from this past year and I know that the Lord has shaped me and continues to with different challenges and experiences. I'm super grateful to be part of His wonderful church and be able to bear testimony of the story of the restoration. Church is true! Vi voglio bene assai! 
Sorella Carrie Nelson 
Alma 57:21


Saw a goat herder taking care of his flock while on bus ride.

When Sorella Nelson cooks lunch.  BBQ chicken salad with tomatoes and cherries.

Birthday pancake from the Anziani.

Birthday gelato with the Sorelle.

Crazy crazy Angela had us over for my Bday and we ate gelato!!!!
Panzerotti for a birthday cake!!

Surprise birthday pancake breakfast!
Beautiful beautiful baptism this past Saturday!!!  Guiliana's sister came all the way from Boston for her baptism.




It's so hot now days I eat Popsicles during language studies!!


My favorite city in the world.















Literally the prettiest bus route ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment