Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 60

(Week 7 Rome)

Terremoto....
Yes, I felt it! The earthquake... It happened around 3:30 a.m. here and 
all I remember was waking up and feeling like I was shaking and then
just shutting my eyes. Then I went back to sleep. We got all sorts of 
messages from members asking if all missionaries were okay and we 
had no idea what was going on. Once we found out it was an earthquake 
everything made sense! 
Empty night bus....

Sorella Erickson deep in thought...
Selfies after park finding.



The earthquake has had a huge effect on everyone. People keep talking
about it and many people are a little shaken up about it. We are
grateful that no members of the church were injured and no
missionaries were in the city at the time! We are getting word on what
we can do for the city, but it sounds like after the first initial
help they might have us be involved in some sort of help effort.

This week... We have spent quite a lot of time with some awesome
members and in our "magic" parks! We are hoping to see some more
success with investigators once September rolls around the corner.
EVERYONE leaves for vacation in August! We were 
super 
super blessed though to have a women we are teaching, Zinaida,  
come to church this Sunday!  Sorella Erickson and I have just been 
praying so hard that we could have someone in church and the Lord 
once again helped us out!
Anziano grilled us up lunch one day.

Fruit and veggies from a members family garden.

How much do I love a caprese salad??  10!!!

Sorelle outing for gelato!

This week we did Sorella Erickson's first full SYL day! Hahah it was
so great! She wouldn't talk to me at the beginning of the day, but at
the end of the day it was fabulous! This Sorellina is so darn patient
with me and all the things I make her do! Shoutout to the wonderful
Sorella Erickson!

Anywho, our parks!!! My entire mission up until about two transfers
ago I've always been scared to talk to families and young people. I
honestly don't know why, but after a zone conference a while ago I
realized that if I want to teach a family I had better start talking
to every family I see! Well, I've been doing that and it is so much
fun teaching families!!! We go to our parks and we teach all sorts of
families the message of the restoration and some don't want to meet
with us again, but it's amazing to teach them and picture them as an
eternal family.

Well, it feels like we did a ton this week but there isn't much to
tell. Work is slow, but miracles are happening every day!!! I'm
grateful for the opportunities to testify of this church whether it be
on a crowded bus, in a park or to my companion. I know our Savior
lives and helps us in our times of need. He is looking out for us and
knows exactly how we feel and keeps cheering us on! I love this gospel
and continue to be grateful for this beautiful mission!
Psalms 55:22
Vi voglio bene!!!
Sorella Carrie Nelson


Bike riding through Villa Borghese for P-Day.


















No comments:

Post a Comment