Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 63

  (Week 10 Rome)

Ahhh!!! Just no words for a wonderful week!


Necklaces like this are a common find on the streets.  Instead of a gelato why not buy a handmade necklace!

I honestly don't know how to describe just how wonderful this week was
in an email! It's just one of those times where you would have had to
have been there, but I will give it my best!

Dear Sorella Erickson has been feeling soooo much better and it is so
good to have my companion back in action with me! The huge highlight
of the week was having the area president of the seventy, President
Kearon, come speak to our mission here in wonderful Rome. He was so
inspired and it was wonderful to be uplifted for two days in a row!

Since our Roma 1 church hosted the conference the day before we were
crazy busy getting everything ready like setting it up and packing
lunches for everyone and all the odds and ends. Thursday we woke up,
got ready with six Sorelle in the house and went to see our church
FILLED with suits and skirts. BEST SIGHT EVER! Sooo many missionaries
and it was so good to see past companions and other mission friends.

My baby number one all grown up!!



President Kearon... The only words for him is just INSPIRED! He just helped us change how we look at things differently and he kept saying, "stretch, don't stress!!!" We had a super great conference and learned new things to apply to our work especially here in the Great Rome, Italy.

Rome 1 Sorelle at conference.

We're missing a few but here is the majority of my whole MTC group! I think we've all changed since then.




After the conference I left with the other sister training leaders and zone leaders for more meetings that night and then we all slept in the Villa! It was so nice to say a kneeling "family" prayer with President and Sorella Pickerd and just learn from the examples of so many amazing leaders in our mission.

Friday! We had a special conference with all the leaders and President
Kearon! It was just a great conversation of how we can reach our new
standard of excellence, (which is one baptism per transfer per
companionship) we end  up with three things...
1. Attack the morning
2. BE the message
3. Strength in the Atonement
All of the leaders at the mission home villa.
I'm honestly just feeling soooooo full of crazy fire right now!  I will be honest and say I felt kinda tired before this conference, but now I'm just ready to go go go!!  We have absolutely NO NEED TO FEAR!!


President Kearon played us a song from the 2014 conference that the
choir sang, I think it is Let Us All Press On... He had us close our
eyes and just listen. (Those at home should listen to it). In the song
the choir gets super loud and belt the words "FEAR NOT!" And
"COURAGE". Ahh I just can't describe how excited I am to put
everything learned into practice!!!

GAETANO!!!! He is sooo excited to be baptized!!! Biggest miracle of
the week! We taught him the plan of salvation and when we explained
that we can become like God he was soooo intrigued! He kept saying,
"no way! I've never heard this before! It makes sense!" So the next
lesson we went over what we have to do in order to get to the
Celestial kingdom! We also read the scriptures of the waters of Mormon
and when we got to the part about what have ye against being baptized
he just was like, "nothing! If we have to be baptized, we need to be
baptized!"
Anywho, he came to church all dressed in a suit and tie and is making
so many member friends! I was especially grateful for one Fratello of
the church who sat next to him while I had to translate the three
hours... MEMBERS ARE THE BEST!
I'm so tall next to Gaetano.

Sister Erickson and Gaetano.  This is my favorite picture EVER! They are both the same size!

Sunday pranzo with a whole bunch of dear members.

Translating church replay of stake conference for three hours straight.

My companion/translator helper Sorella Erickson. When someone uses a scripture in the their talke she finds it for me quick in English so I can say it.


I'm just really happy right now! Being a missionary is the best! We
ran into some member tourists from Texas at the Vatican today and they
said they felt bad that our mission is a hard one and I was just like,
"Every mission is hard! The Lord blesses us all with miracles and
wonderful people to meet everyday! I may have never seen a baptism,
but it's the biggest blessing of my life."

I'M GRATEFUL TO BE A MISSIONARY!
Sorella Carrie Nelson :)
Romans 1:16








The parks are all green now after all the rain.




The famous Spanish steps are open again..
Tried curling my hair with rags....didn't turn out so well....



I actually may have found some food I don't LOVE here in Italy.  A sweet sister made us plaintains?  Don't know that I like them....




Monday is for gelato....actually everyday should be gelato day.

























No comments:

Post a Comment