Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Week 62

(Week 9 Rome)
Sick Week.....
Buona settimana! Well, work here has definitely come to a little pause
while my dearest Sorella Erickson has been super, super sick. We both
had a finger printing appointment in the morning this week and as soon
as we got up she was feeling sick, but we had to go! While at the
appointment we had to wait for two hours in the heat and we were both
just praying she wouldn't be sick while we were there. Then we had to
wait another two hours inside and finally we were finished! We headed
home and she hit the bed and basically has slept since.
I've been grateful to be with other Sorelle as they have allowed me to
go outside once in a while if it was for more coughs drops, Popsicles,
a morning run, or even a little less active finding. It's been good
though in the house. I've been listening to a whole lot of Christmas
music, reading "Our Heritage" and "Jesus The Christ" and was able to
get caught up on several things, including my journal, and just really
serve my companion.


 
 

We treated ourselves to a lunch at Eataly after a long 5 hour appointment getting documents.
Then the sickness began...Passed out asleep on the bus.
Day one....Doing some serious language study. Haven't lost sanity.
Got her all set up with movies, #thetestaments #meetthemormons #legacy
Cutting onions for homemade chicken noodle soup!!!

 

Literally losing my mind being inside all day....
Day ended on the floor...
Day two!  Going to be super productive!!
Next read...
The other Sorelle even brought me a coloring book!
Reading more during her "sickie" nap.

One of the Gatorade runs....


The Anziani brought flowers so I made her play dead.
I remember hearing that a good leader focuses on PEOPLE. I think this
was a way Heavenly Father has let me develop that characteristic this
week. I've been super guilty of pushing myself and companionship as
hard as we can to see how much we can do without thinking much about
her! It's been a good time to step back and remind myself what it is
all about. From cooking for her, doing laundry, staying on top of her
meds, I've realized just how much service really plays a role in
loving a person. My little Sorellina is the best and the biggest
trooper!

Sunday.....Stake Conference!!  Thankfully Sorella Erickson was feeling
well enough that we were able to go to church! Stake conference was
supposed to be broadcast, but there were problems with the connection on the other island where they were holding the actual conference so for an hour I just played some songs from the hymn book... Eventually, we all just sang a song
together and said a prayer. It was neat to hear everyone just singing
loud and proud "I know that My Redeemer Lives!" all together! The
spirit was strong and although we didn't hear anything we were able to
feel the spirit and that's what it's all about! That was our Sunday!

Love you all!!!
Tante belle cose!
Sorella Carrie Nelson



Look at her eating a while panino!!  #soproud

We got outside for pday and visited the Trevi fountains....







No comments:

Post a Comment