Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Week 53

(Week 23 Bari)


Transfer call drumroll.... I have been called to Rome! I'm super
excited! I will also be training again! There aren't any Italian
sisters coming in so I know she will for sure be American this time. I
will miss my Sorella Torres and Bari soooo much, but I'm ready for a
change!
Quick last investigator update for Bari-
Gabriella loves church but doesn't want to be baptized and doesn't
really have a reason... 
Cristina, the young 21 year old, is so amazing! She has read half the
Book of Mormon and is totally progressing
Camilla, my dearest Peruvian, she came to church for my last Sunday
and brings her little BoM and is just waiting for her mom to come to
church with her so she can be baptized in August! 
Maria... something has happened and she has lost her big fire. She still
likes to learn, but it's been hard getting her to come to church
nowadays.
Lidia and Gianni rock and are hopefully coming to church next Sunday! 
It was a super super full week, but I will share a couple favorites
from the week. 
One day all our plans for the morning fell through. Our plan A's and
even our plan B's. It's literally the worst! Luckily our plan C was to
head to our magic park and find a new investigator.
We said our prayer before going in and we tried talking to everyone!
We definitely were rejected by many young people, Families and old
people until our last person. There she was sitting on a bench in a
simple white dress. Maybe it was the whiteness that caught our
attention... Comunque, we went right up to her and asked if we could
share a message about Jesus Christ's restored church. She said
absolutely and that she would love to listen. 
Man, this woman,
Katarina is incredible! We taught the Restoration and were with her
teaching for at least 30 minutes. She was so excited to receive the
Book of Mormon and said she loves studying scripture. She had read the
Koran! (Don't know how to spell it...) basically she is looking for
the truth. At the end of the lesson she put together that we are the
Mormons! She told us that the Anziani had helped her mother with
groceries before and that she sees us all the time around the church.
I can't wait to hear about Katarina's progress! 
Note for all
missionaries: little acts of service go a long way! Thanks to our
Anziani in the past, Katarina had a lot of respect for the church and
us as missionaries. 
We said goodbye to our Poggio Franco Anziani on Saturday. They were
incredible zone leaders and finished the mission together. They were
seriously awesome examples to all of us on finishing strong.


We already miss these two Anziani!  These zone leaders were in Poggio Franco with us and finished their missions together this past week.  

I'm
always super grateful for the wonderful missionaries I've gotten to
meet. 
Saying goodbye to Bari Poggio Franco ward... Worst thing ever!!!! I
got to bear my testimony and play the piano for them all one last
time. We were all crying and all the sweet sweet relief society
sisters thanked me for what I've done for the ward. 
I remember when I
first arrived here in Bari I was so overwhelmed by how well the ward
functioned and the beautiful church. Bari has probably done more for
me than I have done for this ward in these last six months.

The learning just never ever stops... Every day we are learning and
improving... I wish by now I was a perfect missionary, but I'm
grateful for six more months of learning.

I'm ready to preach the gospel in Rome!!! 

Sorella Carrie Nelson 
Romans 1:15-16

BEST DISTRICT EVER!!!!


The sweat lines are getting real...


On a scambio we went to go see the 93 year old Sorella Calabreise.

Hashtag #MYFAMILYLOVESME

We made district shirts!!

Back view of shirts.  Crazy pictures of us all.
Sorella Torres and "Inspiration" Sorella Magno
Antuanet and Camilla Ortiz (Camilla was baptized two transfers later)

Maria Teresa

Edith, one day will be baptized, and her member Mom.




Anziano Fitzner and Fratello Palmisano.

New convert Issac

La Coppia Lassandro, Sorella Torres, Sorella Montrone

La Coppia Vasquez

Ludovica Ramunni

Sorella Magno


Sorella Montrone


Sorella Ceddia



No comments:

Post a Comment