Friday, December 18, 2015

Week 23

(Week 17 Caserta)


Crazy everything week! 

The beginning of the week was a lot of running around so Sorella
Hamilton could say goodbye to people. She left on such a high note.
Awesome first lessons with our new investigators Silvanna, GianFranco
and lots of members and less actives. It was so sad watching her pack
all her things while I cleaned the house a tad to get ready for
Sorella Robertson. 

Our sweet mission leader had us over on the base
Wednesday night for dinner before she left. Our mission leader, Bini,
and his wife Astrid are soooo awesome! Just huge examples of how to
stay strong in the gospel and strengthen others. We got them a mini
statue of Mary Joseph and Jesus to thank them for everything. 

Thursday, TRANSFER DAY!!! We hauled dear Sorella Hamilton's luggage
down to the station and took the train to Napoli where we said our
goodbyes. Yes I cried... I've just learned soooo much from my dear
trainer and will miss her a lot! 
Ciao Sorella Hamilton!!!!!

I only had to wait about an hour
before Sorella Roberston came!!!! For those who have seen the movie
Aquamarine, she is 100% Aquamarine but with a British accent!!!!! She
is the silliest, happiest person I've ever met! She has so many silly
awesome stories to tell which is great because I love hearing her
accent. Haha but she is also an awesome missionary! This is her last
transfer but she is still giving missionary work her all. She is so
awesome and I'm excited to spend Christmas with her. 

Some new words
I've learned...
Jumper: means sweater
Ladder: means a run in the tights
You don't say parentheses, only brackets 

We have Anziano Borden and his greenie Anziano Bowers here in Caserta.
Anziano Borden just finished being an assistant and is sooo intense...
It's awesome working with him though. We did a Mostra this Sunday with
them and he has no fear, just asking people who Joseph Smith is, it's
pretty cool to watch. Basically we will have a new stake in Caserta by
the end of the transfer! 

Sorella Roberston and I have also been everywhere this past week! I'm
trying to help her get to know everyone!!! It's been fun introducing
her to people and showing her around the city. I've definitely loved
the responsibility not only to know the area but I feel like my
language is really really improving because I am doing a lot of
talking because I know the people. 

In all the shop windows there are nativities! It's such a beautiful
sight to see as we walk everywhere! I love this time of year to really
remember the Savior and the true purpose of Christmas. I'm so grateful
for the Savior and the small amount of time I get to be here in Italy
helping others find Him in their lives. The church is soooo true!!!!! 

Ponderize scripture: Jacob 5:62 

SORELLA NELSON

Little shops in front of the church during the
Christmas season.



                   To keep away the Jehovah Witnesses. It says "Don't knock, we are Catholic. Thank goodness we are Mormon hahaha....



Christmas tree in the middle on the street!!!!



Me with the Galardo Family


No comments:

Post a Comment